A select few parents may consider the benefits behind the family pet. Review all the pros and cons behind the request is typical child. This is a new pet can add to the family and togetherness and a puppy can overcome the burden and responsibility of the child.
The mother and father must talk with, preferably with the child the following questions:
1. Who primarily care for your pets? Agree with sole responsibility for walking, feeding and cleaning when they are swimming or "scooping".
2. Is a place for pets there? A German shepherd can not do well in an apartment, townhouse or condominium. Research all of the best breeds for different environments.
3. We have time for pet care? Given time and patience in caring for a pet is much less, if any, than a child. Of course, there are different races to tie in with different lifestyles.
4. The most important is my child, old or mature enough? Know your child. Find out if he or she can arrange for a small animal with hurting him. Make sure your child can play with a dog without growing more injured by the animal.
5. Four numbers in mind, take some time shopping for a puppy to meet the family and learn about their animals. Is the family and the house seems to be caring people and makes the dog to get you the most important child.
Caring for a puppy and raising its a big dog is a long term commitment. A pet should not be an impulse decision, but must be carefully researched and studied.