You have recently read something about the benefits of fish oil? Maybe you saw something on TV? Or perhaps a friend mentioned casually mentioned that fish oil increased their energy levels and improved their skin color. Whatever the reason I'm glad you're here and hope that this article titled "The Truth About Fish Oil Health Benefits" will give you the answers you seek.
First, before we get onto the topic fish oil health benefits are an important fact you should know. Purity is important! Yes, some fish and fish oil contain high levels of heavy metals like mercury. So you should be aware of both the cleaning process, and the purity of water where fish are harvested. Let us now turn to fish oil health benefits.
* Heart disease: Pay close attention to this statement. Research shows that fish oil has positive effects on existing heart disease. Moreover, this type of subsidy helps to lower blood fat, reduce the risk of clots, improve artery health, and reduce coronary artery plaque.
* Stroke: For most people the idea of having a stroke is more frightening than a heart attack. There is strong clinical evidence supports the hypothesis that omega 3 fatty acid intake (primarily from fish) helps protect against stroke caused by plaque buildup and blood clots in the arteries leading to the brain.
* Arthritis: While the research does not support the idea that fish oil is becoming arthritis seems to support the hypothesis that omega 3 supplementation is to reduce the severity of symptoms while reducing inflammation.
* Diabetes: Diabetes is a dangerous life changing situation near epidemic levels, primarily as a result of poor diet choices. People with diabetes have high triglyceride and low HDL levels. Omega 3 fatty acids, found primarily in fish may help lower triglycerides and apoproteins (markers of diabetes) and raising HDL. In more simple terms this means that diabetics eat foods high in DHA and EPA (both contained in fish oil tablets and bodybuilding) should benefit.
* Depression: A lack of omega 3 fatty acids in the diet increases the risk for depression. Omega 3 fatty acids so abundantly found in fish, fish oil and fish oil supplement tablets is an important part of the nerve cell membrane health. In other words, they help nerve cells communicate with each other and thus promote good health.
Furthermore, substantial non-anecdotal evidence that fish oil health benefits may include other mental and physical conditions, including ADHD, burns, skin disorders, macular degeneration, asthma, irritable bowel syndrome, breast cancer , prostate cancer, colon cancer, and menstrual pain.