Monday, July 26, 2010

Learn about horse excercises

If you're like me you are sick and tired of the show, but never was in a band. Lessoned, I trained, I rode a few times a week, but I was still missing out. I want to see the other riders, and wish I could look at them. I asked my coach what I can do at home to help and he suggested exercises to enhance riding. Not just any training, but targeted specifically at riders. I figured I'd give it a shot, because it certainly does not hurt. so I was surprised at the results. Not just my core stronger, thus improving my place and my support, but I began to feel better as a result. I felt better mentally and physically. I used to experience a lot of pain back then in the saddle for a while. I could not do half-seat or a sitting trot for a long time without my back just kills me. By strengthening my core, which supports your back, I can sit and not have pain.
As a result of training targeted at riders I'm more confident. I cringe when my number was called to go in the ring. I drive up and learn the word I can put on a great ride. I know I can be effective in my riding and my support to work the way they should. I know my seat, hands and feet can be independent of each other and still work together. I got a reserve champion in my last show, and the pictures of me and my band to me smiling ear to ear.
My horses are also happier. He knows what I want when I want and he responded so much better. I'm not leaning forward and prayed he would make me question. I sit up and be clear in my inquiry. I do not even wear a crop until my legs are all I need. When my horse is happy, I'm happy! We are now the team to beat in the ring!

No comments:

Post a Comment