Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Do you agree with the fact that winters can be an expensive months for Horse owners

he horses in the summer can be both fun and a fairly affordable hobby (like horses walking), but in winter can be a nightmare and there are many things you need to prepare, so I wrote the following article number to help inform the different things you should consider the winter time with your horse. I hope the following article both informative and useful.
First, I always recommend purchasing a high quality horse blanket. I think a high quality carpet will help your horse stay warm, keep weight on and help you through the entire winter. I would always consider buying more horse blankets. I would recommend the following-
• A summer turnout - because if it is very wet, but not cold• A medium rise, at temperatures between 4 degrees and 9 degrees• A heavy turnout for those extremely cold days!
Do not forget the heavy horse blankets I would recommend "combos" which has an attached neck piece, so the whole horse is hot.
I will then consider a good source of hay in winter. In winter there is a shortage of grass due to it not to go so you need to supplement with hay. In the cold winter when it snows, your horse can eat about a bale a day.
I would also recommend nutritional supplements for horses, as this will your horse healthy and keeping fit during the winter. Nutritional supplements for horses will remain in the body fatty acids and vitamins and minerals in the body.
I would also recommend buying a good quality forage, so they are able to have between one and two bucket feeds a day depending on their needs. I would consider anything in protein and a slow release of energy.

No comments:

Post a Comment