Thursday, November 25, 2010

My experience on Horse riding

When I was a kid, I somehow got roped in with riding lessons. I think doing it with my cousin learning to be a riding instructor, so she decided to ask if I could take lessons so they could teach me. Given that I was about 8 years old at the time the horses so huge for me! One of my various memories was one of the horses. Not the "Old Thunder", which you have in the movie, but still a pretty impressive gray, 15 hands, and very bad mood. He did not like little boys.
Anyway, I had a number of lessons from my mother bribed with extra "charges" to buy a bag of candy later. It was a few weeks. Then one Sunday, I went to my lesson, armed with my extra spending money. I really to the point where I could get on the horse with the reins had proceeded correctly, have the right attitude and get the horse in walk and trot in the direction I wanted. So all in all, I felt completely rider! I had no idea that on this occasion, my cousin who was with a class of riders, their first exam. That meant the only horse available for the old (I can not remember his name) gray. Also, my cousin saw his way to another teacher thought that my lesson was monitored, but this time she had her boyfriend in tow. What took place is burned into my mind forever!
Out came the horse is particularly sad that he left up, as he had apparently wanted to stay in the house. Even at this time, the difficulty around and generally cheerful. So much so that it is accepted, even seven attempts to get him! At one point, I've managed to get on board. The girl teacher said only: "Walk him around the paddocks a few times, then get him into a trot, and I will come back in awhile to see how you feel forever." Um ... OK. So off we went. The old gray had decided that he wanted to do what he so wanted, what I did, that he has exercised only wandered around in the paddocks.
After about ten minutes, was the teacher, away from the scope of his girlfriend to see how I did. "What are you doing?" she cried. "Why arent you trot him? They marched into the paddock and beat the old devil on his back so hard, a cloud of dust clouded up! The next thing I knew he was gone, as the wind. He went round and round the paddock, faster and faster until I go to keep his neck, it felt like this went for ages, but it was probably only a few minutes. The next thing the teacher arrived with a bucket of feed, and he stopped suddenly. At the time I was ashen faced. In shock, what a little so and so.
When I turned, I saw that had the entire test class, then came back and everyone was falling over with laughter at my death. Yes, very funny, I thought. My cousin was not amused and tore a strip from the young girl teachers for failing to supervise me properly.
I tell this story because in retrospect it seems funny but it does highlight a serious problem. One is never complete control of an animal as a horse feels, without a long training and even then you should always have a certain humility. I am sure that riding your own stories that you and I want to hear. Please read below to see how to join the latest equestrian forum and tell your story.

No comments:

Post a Comment