Thursday, November 18, 2010

What can be some of the possible reasons of heartworm in Dogs?

What causes heartworm in dogs and what the real chances of your dog dying of parasitic predators? Here is what you need to know about the dog heartworm. The following information may be provided by your veterinarian.
Cause of Canine heartworm disease
The cause of dog heartworm is the mosquito. However, not all mosquitoes infect your dog.
First, your dog bitten by a mosquito that microscopic worm. They overwinter first, then access to the bloodstream. From there they travel to the heart to grow and complete their life cycle.
If they make the heart, they can hold up to twelve inches and narrow passages of the heart. Symptoms range from coughing, difficulty breathing in heart failure. Plus, during this time they make hundreds of thousands of race. Sounds scary or not?
Now let's back up and look at the facts of the heartworm. Important things you should know are:

    
* Unless you live in a tropical climate such as South Florida or the Bahamas, the chance of being bitten by an infected mosquito is rare.
    
* It is impossible for children to hurt your dog. Why? They should be sucked up by a mosquito and go through stages of maturation in the mosquito. Infected mosquito, you dog will bite him again.
    
* The truth is, not many dogs get heartworms get very sick and some die.
During my 40 years of dog ownership, I have a dog with heartworm. Isaac is a three-year-old stray golden retriever, who insisted on doing in my house his home. I have no idea where he came from. When I took him to castrated, I knew heartworms. He was treated and then came home.
While he showed no signs of ill treatment, I know it's not good for him. I wish I knew then what I know now. I should have asked more questions. I would have asked for an herbal or homeopathic treatments. heartworm dog has no symptoms and I now think of a herbal treatments have done the work without a negative effect on his body and immune system.
He may very well without any treatment at all, but I was told that they faced certain death without treatment. Now I know better, and so do you.

No comments:

Post a Comment