Tuesday, December 14, 2010

top choices in the barn or out trail riding.

Fly Season is here! Have not we all used each product on the market and still looking for the magic bullet? Here are my top choice in the barn or out trail riding.
1. I use Spalding Fly Predators. I moved to my present location three years ago and have never seen so many flys! Moreover, I never had cows so close to my lawn as I do now. You are supposed to improve in subsequent years to use them see, I agree. I'm in my second year, and a marked improvement. I also ship them every three weeks, so check out their offerings.
2. Next, Spot On, one of those "spot" products. You snap open the plastic bottle, dribble from head to tail, the lower half of the legs. Most horses tolerate it fine, Beauty is not much like, but OK with it. It shall enter into force for about five minutes and lasts two weeks. I like it came home.
3. Next is Repel-Xp. You have to dilute it by following the instructions or go weaker. I use a plastic bottle to drink, the kind you carry in your fanny pack. I mark it with "danger" signs. Shake it up, put it on your wiper fake sheepskin. I use light at all, unless I have to saddle. I keep it on the trailer. You can disable a cloth and put them in a zipper bag to the saddle.
4. Next is the tea tree oil. This is a natural repellent. It has a beautiful fragrance, I've only had one horse who does not like it. It is not toxic. I can use my horse's ears, face and snout, while in the saddle, and give me some too. This has saved me more than once when I was in a swarm of peskies! This comes in a small bottle for about $ 10, a little goes a long way. It also has antiseptic properties. For saddle bags.
5. To begin to trail rides, I use Swat ointment. This fits into the saddle bags. I use it on the face and ears.
I use fly masks in the grass as needed. I pack a tent and camp horses, sometimes there are a large number of flies in the mountains, especially back in the camp.
Hope that helps!
Happy Trails and good driving

No comments:

Post a Comment