Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Have you ever thought of a Vegetable Garden For Your Birds & Reptiles

RE: I feel that it holds all kinds of exotic pets in my life I will feed them that for years we have learned more about their unique needs, refined to accommodate my method is you. This practice is able to improve their environment and diet to provide the best possible care of me continuously. Therefore, this article especially exotic pets, turtles and birds to maintain, is an attempt to share my experience with housing, you can certainly adapt to all herbivores. In the previous article, I discussed building a birdhouse that is used to house a pair of three box turtles, birds and colonies of design. In this article, horticulture and pet food for the strategy is shared with the reader.
WHY: As the owner of the pet from abroad, we have our friends in the fridge every day all of us, "salad" struggling to keep it stocked with fresh greens and vegetables provide. Since I am sharing the love of both pets and gardening, I decided to plant a garden specifically to feed the birds and turtles. For extra incentive, a continuous withdrawal of commercial plant bacteria and other contaminants, is suspect and the high cost of organic products. I grow by doing them yourself, safe organic, nutritious, I found that my pet can provide cost effective and vegetables.
Step ONE / floor space: The first step in planning a garden, you must determine how much space you have available to dedicate to your garden. This is different to the needs of Yards and all is not perfect and officials. Your garden may be different for large garden plots and raise box garden patio pot plant or two from one. I have it the easiest to find starting with a small garden plot has been expanded and expanded in recent years. To test the size of your garden, you will know how much food and vegetable plants need each of your pets.
Had a small patch of dirt began to grow other plants and flowers in my garden I. Of course, because it uses all available space, as an eager gardener, it will not be accepted. So I put the garden in my area irregular in shape and size will grow to 9 feet × 17 feet. It definitely works best for me with this size I could not make enough to raise vegetables for two box turtle my wide range of vegetables added to feed three bird colony I found that it provides. Three aviaries 2 Rosella, a colony of male Burke, "includes a fly-in or rescue cockatiel colony. In addition, to provide vegetables and my parrots 2 Goffin.
Environment STEP TWO /: The next step in planning your garden, the climate determines the best vegetables to grow and live in your area that you, the best time to plant and each plant species are considered . In addition, the value of good nutrition for their growing them for your pet, so only the topics that will eat vegetables and of course they prefer, please remember to plant.
As a result of my garden of hell in the summer and our southwestern deserts of Arizona, many of the more common vegetables, the very right here, in the summer or on our To avoid cooking, no need to be planted in winter. It also takes some experimenting to determine the most appropriate in your area. Your local college is good resource is the horticulture extension of the company. I suggest goggling cooperative extension horticulture in the city to see the website for your region of the country.
If the desert southwest, I am a better place, if planted at the right time of year, found that many vegetables are doing well. I planted my garden in full light of day, or next to a big healthy plant, by placing the plants more sensitive, creating a microclimate, allowing more color. As an example, I have a large wisteria growing on the arch of the garden, I can plant a plant cooling shade in the afternoon of my green beans to its east. Then, consider the layout to allow the micro-climates.
Step three vegetables / WHAT? Currently, I have carrots, pumpkin variety of beans, corn, eggplant (for us), tomatoes (for turtle), peppers, many types of vegetables, leaves, pumpkins, squash, grow flowers and of course . I found that need to be planted in autumn at my place for good early spring growth of winter after the seeds of leafy vegetables. I grew with the common plants in late winter and summer harvest to give a mix of seeds and sprouts, the other plants. One tip is to collect seeds from the harvest of all plants to allow you to easily and inexpensively be replanted next year. Again, the experiment is the best tool for you, take the time to make our pets enjoy the best of what they do. I think I have a dishwasher box turtle will eat almost anything with corn, squash, green tomatoes and baby carrots love - gee, they love zucchini. I have all kinds of bird chilies, corn, some squash, and carrot tops, all eyes, especially leafy greens Please enjoy.
As a side note, I also planted various herbs, I love the birds, I have found easy to grow in the summer heat with our AZ of them. I plant herbs in my garden, some with most of them were planted in pots aviary. My aviary is performed during the summer, there are misters outside, they seem to create a good microclimate pot herb. Roast allows easy selection of leaves and stems on each visit aviary. Now each time you access the turtle and birds 'gift', and I expect the herb pots, do this simple task. I have a large selection of herbs, mint is better Or do I have found that birds are accepted as well and come in a wide variety of taste and aroma.
Step / repair side of the earth and vegetables: Okay, so the gardener is not held in a flower in my kitchen garden filled with flowers evil, and definitely organized. Because I could not bring himself to have most of the colorless land, and vegetables just finished several studies, marigold, found that Arizona is well done (in many cases, will all be living in summer), and for your garden has several factors help control insect natural organic insect. I bought some commercial species of marigold, threw it through the first planting in the garden literally. They're looking to do an excellent job of keeping pests away from the bone to grow every year they have fallen again.
To place your vegetables, I think access to a variety of vegetable plants for harvest, may be recommended. I put a long and rough muscle access difficult times, I liked looking at them to stay. Perfect setup for cultivation is elongated lines to enable easy access to facilities and all the watering.
Please consider how the growth of individual plants. Vegetables such as pumpkin vines spread and overtake the other plants out of your plot as soon as the ground. As they grow, they can be manipulated to hide away in your area, it will take days of research and design of your garden. Another option, one appointed by the carrot of such wine, will have two compartments for other plants such as tomatoes and peppers.
Land has to be the most important thing to consider when planting, perhaps it is important to change the soil before any planting. In Arizona, which has very poor soil, I have expanded the garden changes before planting organic mulch and still continue to mulch through the growing season. So basically, I brought a good site with better soil for vegetables as a result of continuous mulching, I was a small amount to improve the first landing in the yard and garden will then be worked on guys?
Step 5 to grow your harvest / Maintenance: Yes, there are plenty of opportunities to fit easily in your garden, please enjoy my old method of hand watering and organic fertilizers. However, if no time is a simple battery-operated timer and watering system can be purchased at any big box store. This method is cheap and I use a tap timer system of Mr. Bird, I discovered that they are well behaved. Timer also paper, can be connected to the system of drip and sprinkling daily for watering the garden with very little cost.
About organic vegetables they eat your family and your pets will probably always need to remember to avoid commercial pesticide. The best way I found was a mixed planting marigolds and herbs. Women in the morning, and I have worked on the form to keep the pests away, "smell" the herb garden seems to be good for pest control.
You want to remember one of the organic garden, do not expect to be perfect. American grocery store and I mean, a perfect size and shape absolutely immaculate, we are used to produce the expected fruits and vegetables and perfect. The extent of my own garden pests and learned to accept different sizes and shapes.
I do not feel that their companion planting is useful if you need further testing, I can reduce pests by using a simple spray of water full of soap bubbles, but to prevent attacks.

No comments:

Post a Comment