Saturday, March 26, 2011

Gather some insight on Dog Rat Poison Symptoms

Dogs eating poison is a very common event around the country every year, since many household products such as rodenticides, insecticides, pesticides, fertilizers, antifreeze and cleaning products, etc. are left around the area where the dog is easy.
And pest control rat poisons are substances used to kill rats. It is also dangerous to people and animals too. The signs and symptoms are not immediately after ingestion and may take several hours or days to see results.
There are several types of rodenticides available products on the market very hard and supermarkets, which can break into three main categories as follows:
1) anticoagulants - prolonged anticoagulant poison coagulation by depleting vitamin K in rat body. This type is available in the market with a brand name such as warfarin, fumaric, diphacinone and bromadiolone.
2) bromethalin - not anti-coagulant designed to affect directly the brain and cerebrospinal fluid and dead rodent with a single dose. It may take up to more than 10 hours before the results are seen after taking bromethalin.
3) cholecalciferol or vitamin D - this type of increase in rat serum calcium levels to dangerous levels. Clinical signs and symptoms such as loss of appetite, frequent urination and excessive thirst for water, lower the heart caused ventricular fibrillation leading to cardiac arrest may lead to more than a day to see results.
Dog rat poison symptoms

1. Internal bleeding
2. nosebleeds
3. coagulation
4. infected blood in the urine and feces
5. drool
6. sudden weakness
7. muscle twitching
8. fever
9. mild cough
10. lung problems
11. breathing problems
12. vomiting
13. diarrhea
14. tired
15. depression

Pet Poisoning Prevention Tips

1. Keep all medications, including vitamins, painkillers, cold medications, etc. out of reach, because even small doses can be fatal to animals, especially dogs.
2. aware that antifreeze leak from cars can cause death if consumed.
3. plants around the house such as Easter lilies, azaleas, oleander can cause deadly animals when ingested.
4. Keep a distance from the site infected with insecticides and fertilizers in the completely dry.
5. Some products may contain pesticides and some products can be made specifically for animals which can be fatal if not just the animals.
6. when using rat poison as bait pellets, make sure the area where your dog is not readily accessible because some baits contain ingredients that are scented to attract your pet.

Rat treatment
Do not wait for symptoms to develop if you feel that your dog has eaten a poisonous substance. It requires immediate action for treatment to be successful because many antidotes must be taken within 12 hours post ingestion poison. This is a time sensitive matter so you need to take your dog to your veterinarian as soon as possible to increase the chances of survival.

No comments:

Post a Comment