Sunday, January 23, 2011

Dogs and wines

Many of us, including myself, tend to slip into our dog on a table scrap here a table scrap there: a piece of meat, a piece of cheese, a stalk of broccoli Fido ol 'tells all the carpet and make us clean . While most of our offerings may seem harmless, there is something that we should not give our dogs: wine. Regardless of how much our dogs beg, plead, or promise to clean up their mess in the backyard, wine is something that not only is the dog type.
Today, most dogs are probably not even drink wine if offered it. I can just imagine many stick up their nose and go down and lick himself. However, there are a few dogs out there that just eat up all the objects around their mouths. My dog, for example once ate a Starburst wrapper and asked for another, which I believe if I ever offered him alcohol, he had me on toast chugging down quickly.
But my dog, and you just have a life without knowing what good wine tastes ironically (many dogs think humans should live a life not knowing what a beautiful cat poop tastes). The reason alcohol and dogs do not go together is simple: wine, or anything that contains grapes, is potentially harmful to the dog. Drinking can lead to renal failure to develop an inability to produce urine, and of course, unclear bark. Some dogs with this type of reaction can survive, but unfortunately, it can be fatal.
Science is not sure why the alcohol will affect them in canines, and not sure why some dogs react badly to the consumption of alcohol and others do. It is assumed that the source of the fault lies with a mycotoxin, a toxin that can be formed when a fungal attacks grapevines. It is a kind of poison that can be common in a variety of grapes grown in the backyard, and purchased in the market, the color red and the green color, and bone No, in that dry (like raisins) and those which are fresh.
The potential toxicity of each glass of wine when burned by a dog depends on two things: the amount of the grapes used for wine and the size of the dog. Only wines made from grapes, with no other fermented fruit, is potentially more dangerous than an apple wine or a wine apricot. The size of the dog are the other factors, such as a smaller people are more influenced by a glass of wine than a larger person, a smaller dog can get sick from a little wine, while a larger dog may be fine. Still, even if you have a St. Bernard 160 pounds, he could possibly get sick from just a sip. Wine seems to affect many dogs.
If a dog happens to consume alcohol, perhaps by licking a puddle accidentally spilled on the floor or, more likely, get a key to the cellar, there are some symptoms to look for warning you that your dog is sick. The dog may initially experienced vomiting, or loose the pain only to the development of symptoms of depression, a refusal to drink, and loss of appetite. Full blown renal failure can start with as little as 48 hours after alcohol is consumed.
In case the symptoms are present, you should contact your veterinarian or an animal poison control center immediately. If the dog of alcohol within a few hours, the treatment includes inducing vomiting. The veterinarian may also make your dog something to the rest of the poison to be absorbed and start him on IV fluids. Many drugs to the stomach, kidneys buffer to protect and ignite urine flow can also be supplied.
Even if your dog gets a quick and effective treatment, there is no guarantee of kidney failure. For this reason, your best bet in keeping your dog free from this deadly disease is to keep the wine, grapes and raisins in his mouth. Allows you - with a bottle of wine in your hand and a dog at your side - to keep both of your best friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment