Monday, January 24, 2011

If you are a Dog Lover you would like a famous song about Dog

Since Patti Page singing "How much is that Doggie in the Window," songs about dogs are popular. After all, dogs are man's best friend, and it would only make sense that we wanted to capture them in a song. Let's have some fun and look at some of the famous "Dog Songs" and some of the texts for our beloved dogs.
The Fawn, a band from Australia tells us that "dogs are the best people" in their song with that title on their album Torch. Way back in 1965, included Davy Jones of the Monkees song, "Gonna buy me a dog", where He claims he will buy him a dog because he needs a friend now. Then there was the Lobo hit "Me and You and a dog named Boo."
It's just ironic that the musician Cat Stevens would write a song called "I love my dog. "But the lyrics are true-to-life, as they say:

    
"I love my dog as much as I love you

    
But you may fade, my dog always gets through.

    
All he asks from me is the food to give him strength

    
All he ever needs is love and he knows he will get "
Who can forget Snoopy's Christmas a / k / a Snoopy Vs The Red Baron? And how many middle-aged people can still sing the Scooby Doo Theme Song? How about "There was a farmer had a dog and Bingo was his name-o!" and "Oh Where oh where has my little dog Gone?"
If you are into country music, you know, "You Gotta Stop kickin 'my dog around."
The Byrds had a hit with "Old Blue" with the text:

    
"My old Blue he was a good old dog

    
You will hear him roar miles around

    
When I get to Heaven first thing I will do

    
I grab my horn and call for Blue
Elvis had a song called "Old Shep" who told us:

    
"When I was a boy

    
And Old Shep was a pup

    
Over hills and meadows we'd stray

    
Just a boy and his dog

    
We were both full of fun

    
We grew up together that way "
The text of the Pet Shop Boys song "I Want A Dog says:

    
"I want a dog

    
To walk in the park

    
When it gets dark, my dog barks

    
Every passer-by

    
Oh, (oh oh) you lonely

    
I want a dog "
Blake Shelton sings "Ol 'Red' with the text:

    
"Now Ol 'Red he damn dog I've ever seen

    
Got a nose that can smell a two day trail

    
He is a four legged tracking machine

    
You can consider yourself mighty lucky

    
To get past the Gators and the quicksand beds

    
But all those years that I've been here

    
Has not anyone stopped by the Red "
Brother and sister team The Fiery Furnaces, tells us in their song, "My dog was lost but now he found":

    
"I kicked my dog

    
I had to believe before

    
I think the reason he went out of my door

    
I wish I could see him some more

    
I looked under the mats and I asked all the cats

    
I went to the vet you have not heard anything

    
My dog was lost but now he found

    
My dog was lost but now he found "
And then, a number of songs that we think is about dogs is not really about dogs at all like Led Zeppelin's "Black Dog", Elvis Presley's "Hound Dog" George Clinton's "Atomic Dog" and the popular song a few years ago The Baha Men "Who let the dogs out." For example, "Golden Retriever" by Super Furry Animals really about a gold digging woman who is "Hair of the Dog" by Nazareth.
There are still songs about dogs because we love them so much. There will be silly kid songs, funny country songs, love songs and serious - all about dogs.

No comments:

Post a Comment