Animals are unhappy with a diagnosis of a rare thing, but the brain was always a strong outlook. Traditionally, however, they often think, but rarely acknowledged, MRI reulhago CT scans can diagnose them more accurately have since become mainstream. Here we affect dogs and cats to discuss the different types of brain tumors, and potentially treatable clinical investigation results, you can perform.
Brain tumors may be more common than cats dogs, some breeds - boxers, golden retrievers, Dobermans, Scottish terriers and Old English Sheepdogs over the same representation.
Primary or secondary brain tumor (metastasis from other sites) can be. Brain tumors are usually solitary, the most common ones are the fangs gliomas and meningiomas. Cats, the most common type meningiomas, and they can occur in many areas.
2 dogs and nasal tumors, including an extension of the tumor, breast, lung or prostate cancer, hemangiosarcoma or extension of pituitary tumors in the metastases. Nerve sheath tumors and skull tumors have been reported. Pituitary tumors in cats secondary tumors, metastatic carcinomas, nose, tumors, skull tumors and middle ear are common, including tumors of the local expansion.
What causes brain tumors?
Brain tumor incidence is unknown. Food, environmental, chemical, genetic, viral, immunologic and trauma have been taken into account. meningiomas and cats, they often occur in very young animals because the genetic component is suspected.
Benign versus malignant
If it represents a brain tumor benign and malignant conditions should be used carefully. In general, these terms, but at the cellular level that applies to other biological functions at the level, even benign brain tumors in animals as a secondary effect due to increased intracranial pressure or cerebral edema can kill. In other words, you can kill a tumor.
What are the symptoms?
This may be a significant change in the. Many animals, such as one or more of the following: a clear signal that does not exist location:
1. Loss of trained habits
2. Reduce activity levels
3. Reduce the incidence of cat taught Lang
5. More specific symptoms are confused with a tumor located in the brain depends on exactly where the tumor's size and how fast it grows. With the expansion of the tumor, the symptoms tend to be more severe. These may include:
6. Seizures (often indicate a tumor in the cerebral cortex)
7. Facial paralysis (brainstem tumors may indicate)
8. Vibration (may indicate tumor in the cerebellum)
9. Wobbliness that (may indicate a tumor in the cerebellum)
10. All or part of the blindness (in the hypothalamus or the optic nerve may indicate a tumor)
11. Loss of smell (olfactory system may represent a tumor)
The effect of the physical presence of the tumor, inflammation and swelling of the surrounding area due to the knock-on can cause. Can cause these symptoms:
12. Changes in behavior or temperament (irritability, lethargy)
13. Compulsive walking
15. Press your head against a wall or hard surface
If it is a slow growing animals, sometimes to the animal hospital a few years before we announce the brain has. In these cases, symptoms develop gradually, and the owner of the animal tumors have reached a substantial size tends to get used to until I was checking.
How to diagnose a brain tumor?
History and clinical examination
The first step for a veterinarian to take masusin