Sunday, January 2, 2011

How to take good pictures of your cat

I take Goma pictures almost every day for two and a half years. I have no fancy camera, it's not even a digital SLR. The equipment is definitely matters, and it helps for a better picture. I do not have top of the line camera, but I still manage to pretty pictures of Goma to take. Today I want to share with you a few tips so you can enjoy taking pictures of your cat!
1. Select the day time, not overnight.
The best pictures from Goma are from a shoot during the day in a room with natural light. Natural light will usually be the best of a cat, like the beautiful detail in their fur and hair! You could also take a sharper image. Pay attention to back-light, in particular through the window. Back-light is always the subject is dark and flat, if it happens, try to shoot from a different angle, where more sunlight hits the subject.
2. Play with interesting angles!
Did you ever wonder why every picture you take your cat look alike? While somewhere else, etc. .. Try to shoot from a different angle! For example, look a little lower angle to make your cat is really cute! Try the same eye level as your cat or even directly from above! You will see some interesting pictures as a result!
3. No Flash!
Flash makes everything flat and the colors are sharp. Goma hate flashes, so I try to avoid it whenever possible. If you have a picture in a dark room at night to try extra lighting. Flash makes everything flat and cause red eyes!
4. Pay attention to the background.
Taking pictures in a somewhat simpler view gets the picture look professional.
5. Focused on various body parts of the cat to highlight their character.
Goma has been many great male body parts as large bones, beautiful whiskers, soft coat and beautiful blue eyes. So why not focus on these properties? A close-up of these body parts are a great way to get the best out of your cat!
6. Choose an environment in which cats are most comfortable.
Do not force it. Cats become stressed when they are unpleasant. Not bring the cat out if the cat has never been outside, it will only make things harder and your picture appears. Try to take pictures as your cat is relaxed and comfortable in their surroundings.
7. Use toys, treats or even a sound to their attention.
I know it is very difficult for your cat to the camera. I use everything and anything that Goma like to catch his attention, such as bonito flakes. I shake them off my camera, but works every time!
8. Use props.
Sometimes I use props to the photo more interesting. On one day I put my glasses on Goma, which was great fun. Another time when Goma slept on the floor, I put a big teddy bear beside him, and took a picture so it looks like they are sleeping together.
9. Shoot your cat's eyes expand for maximum cuteness.
I think Goma looks best when his eyes wider. Period. It is very difficult to take a picture of that because cat eyes dilate during night time. Well, I found the perfect time to shoot! I make it into space in a cloudy day, and even early morning and evening.
10. Patient patient patient.
Cats are independent and unpredictable. Always be patient with them, do not ever force it. Do not try to find the perfect image in a single take as many pictures as you possibly can! There will always be a picture you want. I can normally tell if it is a good time of Goma to his image. I do not want to do when he runs around behind the South or sleeping under the bed. Be patient, there is always a perfect photo opportunity for your cat, just wait for it!
Finally, a tip ... It's OK for guys to cheat. Play with photoshop! Used to brighten the picture, it brings more detail. What you can do to make the picture better, by all means do! But be careful than to do ... You do not want your pictures look unnatural. Well that's it! I hope that this post is useful for everyone who loves to take pictures of cats!

No comments:

Post a Comment