Monday, January 3, 2011

Cats and furniture

When I was in college, I took home a cat in the small apartment I share with some roommates. A family is on the road with a box full of kittens they tried to get rid of, and I fell in love with one. Unfortunately I was not ready for a pet owner. I can barely feed itself. And my roommates are less than happy with my decision. So my cat ended up in animal quarters, where I still feel terrible about it now.
If you want to add a pet to your family, there are many things, especially the economic aspect to consider. The bottom line is that ownership of the cat can cost you anywhere from $ 400 $ 1400 per year for an average of 15 years. You may wonder how it could possibly cost so much? Here's the breakdown:
1. Purchase price - you can have money to buy a kitten from a pet or want to spend a certain race.
2. Health - vaccinations, spay / neuter surgery, declaw (not necessary, but many people do it in their homes to protect - I highly recommend training your cat a scratching post instead), regular veterinary examinations, dental check
3. Daily care - food, treats, blankets, hygiene products (shampoo, comb, collar)
4. Scratch Posts - beds, cat tree, pet carriers, scratching posts, toys
There is no provision for the unexpected injury or illness. When you have a pet, would you be willing to pay extra to stay healthy and vibrant is why many people end up with high vet bills.
Property pet requires cost and effort on your part, but it is much more than buy furniture or cat in their daily diet. It is to learn to care for anything but yourself and loved and subject to return. Yes, it's a lot of money, but the everyday benefits of friendship, laughter and fun are worth more than

No comments:

Post a Comment